Comedic remedies/-/- Grass hopper pie

image-137

Grass hopper pie

Adapted from FEAST; food that celebrates life by Nigella Lawson

Makes 3 15 cm tarts

130g Original Tim tams

130g Dark chocolate Tim tams

60g dark chocolate (min 70%)

50g unsalted butter, melted

For the pie

150g mini white marshmallows

115ml milk

40ml Crème de methe

40ml Creme de blanc

150ml cream

Green food colouring

In a food processor, crush the biscuits and chocolate together until thoroughly broken. Add the butter and process until you get cookie dough which clumps like sand.

Push into your tart tins with a metal spoon and transfer to the fridge for one hour.

In medium sauce pan combine your milk and mini Marshmallows. Stir on gentle heat unit they are melted together. Whisk in your alcohols in to this mix.add you level of green food colour I used paste, so a few drops will do.

Beat your cream to soft peaks. Fold in the green mix to the cream. Pour in to your prepared tart tins, smooth it out and place in fridge for 3 hours.

To decorate crumbled left over Tim tams and top with chocolate covered marshmallow bites

Note: You can make this ready for 3 days. Once firm cover with cling firm to prevent the filling from dying.

'Comedic remedies/-/- Grass hopper pie' have 7 comments

1. April 23, 2013 @ 8:31 pm Elizabeth -SugarHero!

These sound awesome! I love chocolate + mint anything, and the easy mousse recipe is a definite bonus.

• April 25, 2013 @ 12:54 pm Belinda Lo

I have often used the filling as a mousse too. It is fabulously light with out the work. Thanks for commenting Elizabeth.

2. April 23, 2013 @ 11:44 pm Sarah

Bloody love Nigella and all her amazing-ness. And I love this tim-tammy take on her recipe. Looks awesome!

• April 25, 2013 @ 12:55 pm Belinda Lo

Hey Sarah, Nigella is my hero. I have all her cook books, she is such a brilliant cook and food writer. Try this some time it is too good.

3. April 24, 2013 @ 4:59 pm Rosie @ Blueberry Kitchen

I love the things that make you laugh! One silly/guilty pleasure internet thing that makes me laugh is dogshaming.com. Love the look of your pies and they sound amazing!

• April 25, 2013 @ 12:58 pm Belinda Lo

Thanks Rosie! I am glad you were not offend by what I find funny(some people are BTW). I have checked out the website, I was in stitches. Love your comments

4. August 3, 2013 @ 1:21 am Peter @ Feed Your Soul Too

I needed to finish off my Southern offerings and this was the perfect finale. I featured your dessert on my Friday Five – Southern addition over @ Feed Your Soul Too – http://www.feedyoursoul2.com/2013/08/friday-five-southern-addition.html

Would you like to share your thoughts?

Your email address will not be published.